Thursday, November 22, 2007

For every day of living

Dear Mommy,
I won't be wanting purees anymore, thank you. They've been neat, but they're for babies. And Mom, I'm a toddler now. I'd like more of those little fruit bits, some mashed rice, oatmeal with my fruit and yogurt. I know it's hard for you to hear, but I'm growing up and it's all about the texture now. Thanks, dear. And you could sit and entertain me all day, too, that would be lovely. Because you know, my brain is growing and I'd like to be getting into stuff, but I need someone to help me so I can join the rest of the entropy team. Yes, I know what that means. Sheesh. Even if my very best verbal skill is vowel sounds, ya shouldn't think I'm not listening in and collecting all your secrets to share just as soon as I can.

Slobber slobber, kiss kiss. Love you!!
Q

Ruh-roh. (big grins)

We're outta here. Besides Thanksgiving, this weekend we're celebrating my parent's 40th anniversary with a nice dinner, over a pebbly beach, and there's chilly, crispy, brilliant sunshine awaiting the lot of us. Blessings, people. May your hearts be more full than your tummies.

...For every breath, for every day of living
This is my Thanksgiving
Now the trouble with you and me, my friend
Is the trouble with this nation
Too many blessings, too little appreciation
And I know that kind of notion—well, it just ain't cool
So send me back to Sunday school
Because I'm tired of waiting for reason to arrive
It's too long we've been living
These unexamined lives
I've got great expectations
I've got family and friends
I've got satisfying work
I've got a back that bends
For every breath, for every day of living
This is my Thanksgiving...

Don Henley, Stan Lynch, Jai Winding
from Inside Job

No comments: