Monday, June 23, 2008

Splinters

I've been trying to tidy the living room, but I'm about ready to give up. Sigh. The emotional enormity of the "stuff" from storage is getting to me, I'll admit it. So making myself attend to those boxes has gotten a little difficult. In the morning (Monday), Q is having a consult appointment here with the nice vision therapy lady, so the jig is up. It no longer matters if I want to make myself deal with it, it simply must be done.

We spent most of the day planting flowers. They are luv-er-ly. Have you ever heard of a flowering maple? It looks like a cross between soft pink hibiscus (flowers) and maple (leaves). There's liatris for it's showy purple stalks, sea pinks, carnations, million bells, wallflower (my goodness, it smells sweeeeet), dahlias, kong coleus, petunias, glads, apple blossom snapdragons, and a bunch of others I can't remember. My favorite spot though, is where S and my mom dug out blackberries and they decided that if the "sticker bushes" were to stay away, they'd need something to take up the space. So we put in astilbe, white bleeding heart, and New Guinea impatiens in pinks and white to match.

Did you know that my wedding ring is a rose ring? Yeah. He picked it because I'm "such a flower person." It's gorgeous. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on it over the years.

So we dug in the dirt. A lot. The spirea that my mom and I planted in honor of my nuptials is still going strong. It's getting ready to bloom it's cloud of pink.

I guess I'm trailing off in bemusement.

Back to the boxes, then. It's nice to have things orderly, isn't it? Though honestly, have you seen Madame Blueberry? You know, Veggie Tales? Stuff Mart? I've gotten pretty good at culling (even though there are certain items of yore that I hate to see go), but if we end up with one more piece of equipment for Q, the tree is gonna bend and dump all our stuff from our tree house into the lake.

Good thing I'm sorting and dumping, because there's no end in sight for this equipment thing.

I'd far rather be in bed. Maybe I'll go now and get up early.....

G'night.

2 comments:

Phoenix Rising said...

C, you are my hero. I could never do all that you do with the grace you do it with. Don't worry about all of the "stuff", it too shall pass away:)

Here is one of my favorite quotes in regards to stuff:

"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, Of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"
Albert Einstein

I know he was talking about desks and minds, but you get the picture:)

Anonymous said...

C, I imagine the stuff may feel as hideous and as precious as Christ's garments divided at the cross. Those belonged to God-Man, so loved. And, those belonged to someone being crucified and would just remind others of His death.

I want you to know that I pray for you often and keep up with your blog. You have been called to go "further still" in the garden of Gesethame but do know that there are others who are close praying.

What most do you want prayer for now? Could a miracle happen and life resume in a new but same way as before? Is this permanent and you need prayer for the best for the kids? How can I pray for you?

I would have put this in a private email but couldn't locate it on your blog.

WTM board: J