Sunday, August 19, 2007

So

For about a week now, mysterious little deliveries have been arriving here. Usually with no name attached, so I don't even know how to thank you properly. Let me say this instead, then: Thank you for being a part of "God's sufficiency" as one lovely person put it. Thank you for reaching out and gifting us with your thoughts, prayers, and those packages. Honestly, I'm just floored.


To say that my punkins and I are stretched thin financially would be a whopping understatement. It is something I strive to leave out of their daily experience in part because we are so rich in the really important ways, in part because I wish them to have something else besides worry and lack as the driving definition of their childhoods--kids tend to obsess over things they cannot control.


That you would go out of your way to provide something for my children has me just in awe. I can finally read the notes without bawling. Okay, without bawling every time.


Luke 11:9-13 comes to mind.

Wow. Just... wow.


Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you update your Amazon wish list? I have wanted to make a package appear at your door too and haven't had time until now to take care of it, but I don't want to duplicate what's already come. (I took another look and it seems the same as before.)

Thanks,

A regular WTMboard poster

C said...

Done.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

WTMboard poster

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed the gifts. Wish I could help more. I'm so glad someone asked you to update your wish list. I too was not clear on what items you and the children still needed. Please re-check your wish list you might be surprised ...Enjoy!!!