Sunday, October 14, 2007

Heigh-di-ho

I'm here! (waving) Been without a connection for a few days. Crazy computer anyway. Seems it needs to have something disabled so it can reattach to the internets. Since that is so not my thing, I'm borrowing a connection and posting. I'm sure that if I were to spend a few hours on the phone with the manufacturer of the system (as suggested by the ISP) I could do what's needed, but the manufacturer of this particular system is somewhat out of reach at the moment. Besides, if one spends that kind of time pulling technology together, one might look up to find that all the progress just made in school, house, therapy has suddenly been thrown back to the stone age. So I'll be borrowing this sporadically until some knight rides in and waves his magic wand over the big machine.


Q had quite a week last week. He had his SpEd time on a different day and for an hour and a half instead of his former one hour slot. He did well, even considering that he'd already had an hour of Occupational Therapy earlier in the day. His eye check-up revealed another 20/80 measurement. It's been nearly a year since it was that good. Since November of 2006, he's had 20/160 assessments, but he was especially "on" at his most recent visit and responded immediately to all his cards and cues. His doc says that we're probably seeing a combination of acuity and attention issues affecting the outcome of his exams.


Q's sneezing now, with green crud in abundance, but otherwise happily playing with his Baby Einstein caterpillar toy. Such a little doll. I could just eat him up. He slept quite badly again last night--mostly on me, which makes for a truly sore back. He's no newborn. My voice is hanging out in the raspy baritone range and everything is making me cry today. Goodness. Just typing it has me all sniffly and stuff.

E has a consult with the orthodontist in November, K will follow suit as her permanent teeth erupt. For now, K needs a spacer for her upper jaw. I had one and it was a huge help, as I'm sure it will be for K. I must admit that I thought the whole orthodontia experience would figure much less significantly than it's turning out to for each of the kids. Again, goodness.

I've had a request for an update to the Amazon wishlist. Thanks for thinking of my punkins.

I'll post more when I'm more awake and less easily flummoxed. In parting, how about a quote? "If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk?" --Albert Einstein

Heh.

Hugs and kisses. Hope all is well with you and yours.

4 comments:

Old Dominion Heather said...

Wow... not bad for Q's age and all with the acuity! My guy was testing about 20/80 corrected at that age too. It may even get a bit better as he improves his ability to concentrate. If you don't mind me asking, is the 20/80 with or without correction?

C said...

Last time it was without, this time with correction, but it didn't seem to matter to the acuity as much as to the attention. Weird, huh?

Melanie said...

Hope you get over the raspy voice and Q gets over the flying green snot monster soon!

Feel Better-

Melanie, Lonnie & Daniel
www.danielspranger.com

Old Dominion Heather said...

About the correction...not too weird, I guess. My oldest still is off quite a bit visually if he is having a bad day, or his mom gave him caffeine or something dumb like that (not that I would ever do something like that!) He will still fluctuate between about 20/100 all the way to 20/40 which is a huge difference depending on how he feels at the time. Another thing I can't figure out is how he can test higher in both eyes together than in either eye separately.