Saturday, January 13, 2007

Quotes

Last night, when she should have been asleep, E came out to ask if in the coming week there could be a day cleared of school, and arranged so she could go with someone to shop from breakfast to supper time. I was a little taken aback, as one might imagine, and as I sat there blinking, trying to think where in the mommy manual one might find the answer to this, she says earnestly (with gestures), "I mean, I need to shop. It's just part of who I am."

Sigh. That girl's gonna need a job.

This morning, S was slurping her grapefruit. She paused between bites to say, "I just love this broth."

Sometimes I'm afraid I've no hope of keeping up.

We'd be at church except for the fact that Q was up at least once every hour all night. Between my little genius children and Q's schedule, I think I could use a shot of adrenaline. Maybe then I could keep up.

We're going to gather round the piano and do a little singing. Hope you're warm and dry--we're colder than Nome today. Perhaps it's the sleep deprivation, but that cracks me up.

No comments: