Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ick

So Q had a check-up today.

He's at the 45th percentile for weight (though I think he was too wiggly for the scale to register correctly), 75th for height, and is still hanging out at about -3 for head circumference. At least his head is growing--too fast wouldn't be good either, so he's maintaining his curve.

Tomorrow I go to pick up the handicap placards for the van. The pediatrician checked the "permanent" box on the form.

The list of things babies his age should be doing is so far from what the daily expectation is in this house: sitting, standing, cruising, beginning to walk, babbling, saying mama and dada and starting with other small words... He doesn't do any of those things. He often doesn't notice me (visually) unless I'm right in his face.

And I just checked my email. You know, because I was just shutting things down for the night and apparently needed something to keep me awake. I'd be thrilled to leave the crud where it lands, if only it could just shrivel and die right there. No, it takes on a life of it's own, grows roots, then tentacles, morphing into ever more threatening forms.

Cryptic, aren't I? Well, what can I say? We may be back in court very soon. Sigh. We're supposed to be leaving for California on Friday.

I'm going to go read and pray. Both are usually very settling for me. I might even sleep tonight. And tomorrow I'll have a better attitude for having read, prayed, and slept.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that over here in MD, someone is thinking of you almost every day and sending good, good thoughts your way.

Hugs to you, C. I wish there were something more tangible I could offer than good wishes.