Thursday, December 14, 2006

Definitions

Terms I'm encountering as I read:

Dysarthria (don't yet know if it will apply)

Arthrogryposis (Q is tighter in his ligaments, but not frozen at all)

Pseudobulbar palsy (don't know yet, but probably to some degree)

Dysconjugate gaze (yes, but to what degree?)

I'm looking for a definition of oropharyngoglossal dysfunction. Apparently this is more obscure. I'm guessing that it has to do with swallowing, which means that it's likely that Q has something going on here, but I don't know what.

Ack. He's peeping again. Did I mention that most kids with PMG seem to have sleep issues?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I found your blog from a search for arthrogryposis. I've really enjoyed reading it. I feel as though I want to have a conversation with you, but right now I am at a loss for words. I am looking forward to hearing more about your family.