Friday, July 15, 2011

Week end

I've been chewing on things this week about how to mold one's family culture, what input is most effective for kids as they grow their wings and look to leave home.  One of the things that seems a constant recurring theme is that I have a lot of friends, some real, some "imaginary", who require a LOT of their children.  Some of these people are thought of as tough, true (like that's a bad thing), but most are thought of as responsible parents.  People who are busy helping their kids to be people the rest of us want to be around.  As opposed to say, children who walk around having tantrums over the silliest of things, or demand that occasions suit them at the cost of others' needs, and more.  I don't know that I have any conclusions on the matter because I'm kinda in the thick of it, here.  I do know for sure that two parents in the same household, a team working together for their kids, whether or not they agree on even as much as fifty percent of how to proceed, is making the process that much easier for those who have it. 

I'm out early in the morning, so shall sign off.  Hope you all have some sweet rest and a very productive time in whatever place or area you most need.

No comments: