Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Heart Day

Hope your day was full of kisses and all manner of good things. I've got this song running through my head these days.

Hold Us Together
Matt Maher
Alive Again

It don't have a job, it don't pay your rent
Won't buy you a home in Beverly Hills
Won't fix your life in five easy steps
Ain't the law of the land or the government

But it's all you need

And Love will hold us together
Make us a shelter to weather the storm
And I'll be my brother's keeper
So the whole world will know we're not alone

It's waiting for you,
Knocking at your door
In the moment of truth
when your heart hits the floor

And you're on your knees

And Love will hold us together
Make us a shelter to weather the storm
And I'll be my brother's keeper
So the whole world will know we're not alone

This is the first day of the rest of your life
This is the first day of the rest of your life
'Cause even in the dark, you can still see the light
It's gonna be alright, it's gonna be alright...

Nice, huh? It's even better with music and it's a nice one for swaying to, if you happen to have someone nearby you'd like to grab and sway with. (Hint. Grab your Someone.)

Q's all snuffly and sick. Thankfully I'm mostly over the dreaded sinus crud, but it's likely to be a long night with the little man. Poor punkin. I've got my fingers crossed for a quick recovery for him, though. Wishing like crazy to avoid steroids this winter.

This week my youngest brother would have been thirty-three. I always wonder how things would be different for our family, who he would be, which of us he'd most resemble, if he'd survived. He was such a sweet little boy and still missed. I held my breath a little as each of my punkins passed the age he was when he died. So. Extra hugs for my mom tomorrow.

Hope you have a lovely and blessed week. "Kiss those babies." -Dy

No comments: