Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home again, home again...

Jiggety jig. :o)

The EEG showed zero seizure activity. Woot!

We're operating on the Trileptal reduction schedule now, to be done in a few weeks, then back again to discuss oral Baclofen (for spasticity). If he does well with that, maybe we'll end up thinking about an intrathecal pump. Another procedure to weigh.

The lovely neuro guy spent about 55 minutes with us, discussing every aspect of what's up with Q, from amino acid levels to beneficial therapies, to the travesty of Medicare/medicaid reimbursements. He's awesome. He made Q giggle at his Donald Duck impression, oohed and ahed over Q's tossing his ball across the floor, was (dare I say?) excited at the news of Q recognizing colors and letters.

I wish I could hold a thought in my head at the moment -- I'd share more details. As it is, I think we'll all be happier if I just go crash quietly while the cranky, teething, meds adjustment tolerating boy is sleeping.

Hope you have a sweet and peaceful weekend filled with the ubiquitous love of your Creator and your dear ones.

XO

No comments: