Friday, July 31, 2009

Goosebumps

Ain't Got Time to Die
Lord I keep so busy praisin' my Jesus
Keep so busy praisin' my Jesus
Keep so busy praisin' my Jesus
Ain't got time to die

'Cause when I'm helpin' the sick (I'm praisin' my Jesus)
When I'm helpin' the sick (I'm praisin' my Jesus)
When I'm helpin' the sick (I'm praisin' my Jesus)
Ain't got time to die

Chorus:
'Cause it takes all of my time (It takes all of my time, it takes it all)
All of my time (to praise Him)
If I don't praise Him the rocks are gonna cry out
Glory and honor, glory and honor
Ain't got time to die

Lord I keep so busy workin' for the kingdom (workin' and I'm workin')
Keep so busy workin' for the kingdom (workin' and I'm workin')
Keep so busy workin' for the kingdom (workin' and I'm workin')
Ain't got time to die

'Cause when I'm feedin' the poor (I'm workin' for the kingdom)
When I'm feedin' the poor (I'm workin' for the kingdom)
When I'm feedin' the poor (I'm workin' for the kingdom)
Ain't got time to die

Lord I keep so busy servin' my master (keep so busy)
Keep so busy servin' my master (I'm servin')
Keep so busy servin' my master
Ain't got time to die

'Cause when I'm givin' my all (I'm servin' my master) (I'm gonna give my all to Jesus)
When I'm givin' my all (I'm servin' my master) (I'm gonna give my all in all)
When I'm givin' my all (I'm servin' my master) (I'm givin' all of my life to Him)
Ain't got time to die

Now won't you get out of my way (oh get out of my way)
Get out of my way (you better get out of my way)
Let me tell you if I don't praise Him the rocks are gonna cry out
Glory and honor, glory and honor
Ain't got time to die

Glory and honor, glory and honor
Ain't got time to die
Ain't got time to die

________________________________

How cool would that be as a church charter? There was a Salvation Army truck in front of me on the freeway yesterday. It's slogan across the rear door was huge: Hearts to God, Hands to man. (nodding)

I spent last evening at a CE class on Intrathecal Baclofen. It took a few minutes for me to re-immerse my head in the big words -- medical terminology and muscle groups, agonists and inhibitors. I've been reading a ton (shocking) on brain development and neurotransmitters. "They" don't exactly understand Baclofen's mechanism(s), but it appears to send or make more GABA available at it's receptor sites. So, after my reading and the class merged in my head, I've boiled it down for us: It's all about the neurotransmitters. Duh, you may say. Well, yes.

But think about this -- what if ADD, infidelity, violent impulses, and a general inability to get where you say you want to go in life, all boil down to a person having a balanced brain? More and more research points past the myth of the perfect brain (and it doesn't exist, not statistically speaking) toward the importance of getting and keeping one's neurotransmitters in balance.

So, when thinking about research in health and longevity, there are two things you should know. One, do whatever you can to drop your levels of inflammation. Do this by eating well, exercising, ingesting very little processed "food" -- a huge source of systemic inflammation, and getting good rest, lots of water. Do whatever you can to avoid HFCS, hydrogenated oils, food coloring, and MSG. Be just suspicious enough when it comes to your food supply.

Two, figure out where your brain has dropped it's neurotransmitter marbles, round 'em up, and manage them. If you lash out with alarming regularity, you might consider GABA. If you have trouble keeping all the balls in the air simultaneously, think about L-tyrosine. Hopeless? SAM-e or 5-HTP might help. There is endless information to be had about vitamins and minerals facilitating those neurotransmitters, and Omega 3's should make up most of your brain. Did you know that your brain is made out of at least 60% fatty acids? You want it to be made out of Omega 3's, not so much 6's or 9's -- which show up in cheap oils and fried stuff. Picture your brain, instead of being all healthy and jello-y, looking like the crispy stuff on a nice piece of KFC. Yeah.

Disclaimer: I am in no way qualified to give out medical advice and you should research these things carefully for yourself. There are great nutritionists out there who can help you figure out how the things you're putting in your mouth might be either messing with your head or helping you become the person you want to be. And, you know, you still have to take personal responsibility for your choices and their ripple effects. But what if you were able through your diet to increase your ability to relate well and in fact, to make good choices? At the very least, it's an interesting thing to contemplate, no? And I believe that there will be huge implications for Q as we go along. What a cool time to be alive, yes? Amazing things to learn and appreciate.

Happy weekend -- may you make for yourself a healing Sabbath space and approach your coming week renewed.

XO.

No comments: