Monday, August 21, 2006

Quick stop

Hi! (waving) We're still here. Q's been sick--he's sleeping right now, and not ON me for the first time in a couple of days. This is the part of motherhood that just sucks it out of a person. I am sooo grateful to have my folks, but they can only do so much, and we're all pretty wiped out right now.

I'm knee deep in school stuff. Trying to stay on top of planning and scheduling and phone calls and driving and piano lessons and... You get the idea. Q has splints--I'll be back to write about that. And the kids survived the first week of school, poor little ducks. They're feeling less "abused" now that they understand that their silly mama didn't intend for them to only do school two days a week--it's just the co-op that's meeting two days a week. We're still doing school full-time. Even better, they learned the other kids suffered the same misunderstanding. Whew! It's always nice to feel like you're not alone, isn't it?

Speaking of which: If you could remember my crew on the thirty-first... There will be much going on in a certain room. I'm praying once again for cool heads, clear words and thoughts all around, and that the very best thing happens for the kids. I will suck up whatever I must, but the children shouldn't have to experience any more crud than they already have. Thanks.

I've much to say and share but I really, really need to sleep.

Hugs and blessing to you and yours. Kiss your babies (and your honey too). Sweet dreams.

No comments: